How To Backup user data to Android


This material is no claim to originality or novelty of the problem to be solved, but it can be extremely
useful for beginners and for those who like me, take
care of their data on devices running Android. Later
in the article, I set myself the task of ensuring a
reliable backup with cloud storage and resolve them.
Still interested?

Before we begin I will say that I do not belong to the
category of citizens who obsessively concerned about
privacy of their data. This does not mean that I have
a session on the operating system without
authorization, all around the open balls, standard
passwords on accounts or open wireless network at
home and at work. It only means that I do not encrypt
your files, email and use of public cloud storage
services and sleep strong and healthy sleep without
thinking that the employees or owners of the data
center services can, if they want to see my data.
Personally I believe that privacy, as such - is long
dead, but it is beyond the scope of this post.

But I hope as many of you care about the security of
the data from the backup. Dear% username% ask - so
what is there to Android? And here, on the Android
over the past few years, this OS densely settled in
my daily life, to fully drive from there iOS and WM.
In addition to this, in recent times, like mushrooms
after the rain, has developed many services provided,
as well as free of bank notes, a certain number of
gigabytes to "trusted" server somewhere out there
in the global network. I believe that these "reliable"
services - any safer my home PCs, flash drives and
disks, and even at times more convenient in terms of
accessibility. Sin did not take advantage of this
unprecedented generosity attraction.

In recent years I have accumulated a large amount of
different kinds of information, to lose that would be
extremely unpleasant. I'm talking primarily about the
photos of his children and wife, beloved cat pictures,
which is my projects at work, and all kinds of nice
stuff to sort of progress in the games.

I forced myself to do backups on their devices.
Compiled even that sort of schedule. Do it regularly
turned out with varying degrees of success, it is
commonplace to no time. As a result, the head ripened
thought about how this whole process automated.

And here's how it turned out to be off and I decided
to "prosherstit» Google Play for any application which
could help me to keep your data, get all set up.

And so, for the fact that I was calm, I want:

»» Backup schedule with a minimum and I played better without me. »» Backup to the cloud (preferably several) »» Replication of backup data on the hdd home desktop and laptop hdd (suddenly "the Germans would attack" and switch off the internet) and all the same without me »» Synchronization from anywhere where there is access to the Internet.

Perhaps it would have been enough for the first time.
As a result, the head formed a plan of action from
the picture below.



In Android as it has built redundancy mechanism, but
it does not work. More precisely - I was unable to
"prepare" so that he would have met the requirements described above. Contacts and all that is connected and Gmail normally reserved as expected, they do not touch.

Dropbox is mainly used for working and sharing
information with friends.

»» SkyDrive got a load from uchetka from outlook.com and new windows 8 is not used. Google Drive - native Android service store in the various documents of habit after Google Docs, like. »» BOX, with 50 gigabytes khaljavnogo until recently, is unused. »» There are still all kinds of Ubuntu One, Sugarsync and a couple of other less popular their counterparts who I considered purely for informational purposes.

On request «Data Sync» Google Play dumped on "me
car and small truck" of different quality applications,
which together with a "paradise on earth", and
promised me to ensure the safety of my data. What
it does it for the money, and what is completely free
of charge. What has not been updated for a long time,
others have had to say the least - spartan interface.
As a result, I bought a pair of full versions of the
applications and take their field trials.

I would not want to do a comparative review of these
applications. Let me just say that for their needs I
adapted the application with the speaker called
«FolderSync» (there are paid and free version).
Below are a few screenshots of the interface, as
they say, once a set and forget.






The logic of the application is based on the creation
of a pair of folders (Folderpairs), local and remote.
Local folder is any local folder on your device,
including, if necessary, sub-folders. Deleted folder,
as the name implies, it is a folder on one of the
service cloud storage or your ftp, smb or webdav
server. In the settings you can specify each
folderpairs synchronization direction, set a schedule
for how conflicts, rules for the use of wireless
networks and a lot of other options. The screenshots
below setting the very folderpair.




I do not particularly care about taking care of
reservation of installed applications, all of their data
or firmware (for me not see the point.) But the
problem is also easily solved by creating folderpair
for the folder in which to store your backups
TitaniumBackup (which, as it is able to inject himself
into the cloud, but not at all), or ROM Manager. By
the way, DataSync can backup and applications, if you have root.

I think that setting the list of synchronization is
conveniently done in DataSync Beta, though it is still
quite raw, but growing rapidly. In this version you can
specify multiple folders in a single list. Very
comfortable (there is a stable version of Data Sync,
but to me they do not come, Beta has a wider
functional'll watch her.)




After we set up properly we need folderpair All
that's left is to leave your phone or tablet at night
to charge, or coming to work, connect it to your
computer. It is clear that we must not forget to
include wifi. This can be done manually, or you can use
tools such as Llama.

Synchronization software to connect wirelessly to
the Internet and will synchronize. The first time it
will take time, which depends on the amount of data
and bandwidth Internet access. But subsequent
synchronization in an instant. FolderSync remember
the dates of the changes in the number of files to a
folder and checksums. In general, all grown-up.
Synchronization can be started any folderpair forced
manually at any time.

In the future, your files are synchronized with the
above scheme. Getting into the cloud file is replicated to a working PC, which usually does not turn off with shatnogo client for cloud service. Then they are locally synchronized between folders, which are at different hdd with a standard and free SyncToy from Microsoft or rsync (as you like), or a similar utility. During the day, as the connection to the Internet, redundant data is replicated on a home computer and a laptop with the same native client cloud services.

The bottom line is we are physically separated and
highly available copies of data and a strong, healthy
sleep. Good luck.
FolderSync

DataSync

DataSync Beta

SyncToy

rsync backup for Android

Llama - Location Profiles

Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

 

Sundries article Copyright © 2010 LKart Theme is Designed by Mobile